This is a serious post

19 Jan

I know… you have been waiting to read this. Seriously, this one post has been on my mind for over a month and has been pending for long.

It is about the Idea, IDEA broke the campaign a little early, else I would have got the credit for the tree saving campaign ;P. But, procrastination has its disadvantages and advantages. So, ruminating this for over a month now, on how to save paper.. here are some intelligent solutions, coming from me!

Dear Pizza Hut and Dominos – please don’t send me paper napkins, unless I ask you to. Please, Go Green !

Dear office goer – avoid going to Hari Sadu with paper documents. No paper. No tearing. 🙂

Reduce usage of PAPER NAPKINS, PAPER CUPS,  anything made of paper.  Off late, I carry my chai mug everywhere. To the chaiwala, in the train etc etc. No, its a cup and not a lotah! :p. And I live in India and not the U.S.

Dear  local marketing guys – reduce advertsing on PAPER: I don’t read your pamphlets, if you send them along with my newspaper. Also, I don’t take them seriously.

Dear guys/gals about to be married – electronic cards – sing and dance, the way you’re planning for your marriage.  Just do a little bit of hard work and send across digital cards which sing and dance to those 500 relatives, instead of ordinary PAPER cards.

Dear colleges –  please cancel all exams. (especially, paper exams)

Dear students – don’t study marketing. And if you do, study sustainable marketing (Think a century and not a quarter). Please don’t waste money on paper ads, billboards etc.

– All you good citizens – just follow my advise! 🙂

17 Responses to “This is a serious post”

1. Neeraj Bhushan January 19, 2010 at 8:11 am #

Good step in making the world ‘paperless’. And do you know Delhi High Court has become the first e-court in the country. Lawyers need to carry their laptops instead of their bulky files, and they need to read argue seeing their screen and not paper notes.

• Aakriti January 19, 2010 at 10:57 am #

thanks Neeraj… ! for the wonderful information on Delhi High court … !

2. Phoenixritu January 19, 2010 at 1:10 pm #

Banning the papers would be a step : schools should do that! Seriously

• Aakriti January 21, 2010 at 12:02 am #

I know .. Lets start the campaign! BAN EXAMS.. SAVE PAPER 🙂

3. Ankit January 19, 2010 at 2:06 pm #

Some real good ones there!!

1. Like the Cup Idea.We had paper cups removed from office (more of a cost cutting measure) and we now have our own mugs.The damn thing leads to water wastage though 🙂

2. Forget paper exams, exams hi band ho jane chaie 🙂 As for exams going

3. I wonder when will these telcos and banks understand!! I have signed up to receive only e-statements but they always end up sending the phsycial copies.Irnoy is that the envelope will always bear the message ” Opt for E-statements, go Green” 🙂

• Aakriti January 19, 2010 at 2:19 pm #

Ek after thought hai! Maybe the local marketing guys can redirect all the pamphlets to other countries, where paper usage replaces water usage. A WIN WIN situation… No?

4. Ankit January 19, 2010 at 9:12 pm #

Ahoy!! u just gave one hell of a startup idea!! collect raddi and convert it into toilet paper!! a literal rags to riches would be story 🙂

*switches the demented side of his mind*
    it l also make an awesome branding strategy.How? given the rang-chodne-wali qualities of the paper, imagine hoards of people sunbathing on the beach with the posteriors showing “ICICI” , “Vodafone” and what not 🙂

• Aakriti January 20, 2010 at 10:46 am #

Then the BREAKING NEWS would be
      US president and the french president caught watching ICICI and Vodafone ads !!!

• Ankit January 20, 2010 at 1:08 pm #

LMAO!!! That would be epic and the websites for both ICICI and Vodafone l crash:-)

5. Sudhanshu January 20, 2010 at 2:23 pm #

Nice thoughts!!!
    I would like to ban Phokatcopy first of all!! such an stupid venture!!!

• Aakriti January 20, 2010 at 11:41 pm #

May be all pamphlets should be directed to Phokat copy!

6. Anshul January 20, 2010 at 10:28 pm #

I wish I good do the office tip more often – I waste too many paper taking prints for bosses, and then keeping in archives etc etc

7. Varun B January 21, 2010 at 10:24 am #

Nice Blog & helpul discussion..Aks i think you shud do this blog thing often..

• Aakriti January 21, 2010 at 12:11 pm #

Refer to my previous post… for the solution for regular blogging!

8. Sukhpreet January 21, 2010 at 10:52 am #

I just LOVE the ‘Dear office goer’ part… the paper tearing one 😉
    It’s nasty, it’s intelligent, it’s cool… i LOVE it…

• Aakriti January 21, 2010 at 12:11 pm #

Experience!!!

9. prianca June 7, 2010 at 2:25 am #

Hello,
    Stumbeled upon ur blog courtesy twitter…
    Nice post.. Simple Clean Witty n Helpfull..!!
    so even me think wld carry my cup while travelling..!!

Good work..!!