I want to be a politician! :)

22 Nov

Despite several attempts of becoming regular at my blog posting, I have failed.

So, I have decided that I will become a politician. How does that help my cause. Here’s how –

1. I suffer all that the common man suffers through. Eg: – water problems, bijli problems , identity crisis etc. Therefore, I intend to turn the tables. I will talk about them, and in the process have undaunted supply of civic infrastructure, exclusivity on roads, infalible bijli etc. With the basic and exclusive infrastructure at my service, I can get more time to think about the bigger problems that common man suffers through… (not including me)

2. To be a regular at my blog, I need brain waves… an insight into the common man’s subject. If I become a politician, I’d be party to discussions, discussions and discussions. Imagine sitting between 4 politicians – Raj Thackeray, Bal Thackeray, Varun Gandhi and me. Just a mere presence there would give me enough fodder for a thousand posts.

3. I would speak to media all the time. My works / words will get published in reportsΒ  by media. This exposure would not only bring traffic to my site but also allow me the right to re-publish these to my blog. hehe!

4. I will get a chance to raise the common man’s subject on a national level. I have lived across the country. I can raise the cause of the UP Manoos, Amdavadi Manoos, Delhi Manoos and Kanaddiga Manoos :). Oh I forgot, I can raise my own cause as well. THE INDIAN MANOOS !!!

Lastly, I have failed in my endeavour to keep the blog regularly posted. And I feel responsible. But, the minute I become a politician, I can assume irresponsibility at the core of my values. I would not even need excuses. I can just be.

23 Responses to “I want to be a politician! :)”

1. Anshul Sushil November 22, 2009 at 1:08 pm #

Good one! – But being a BIG fan of your writing…I dont want you to be a politician πŸ™‚

• Aakriti November 23, 2009 at 11:58 am #

Th idea is to write more.. while being a politician.. it would allow me time and get me some fame

2. Aditya Prakash November 22, 2009 at 4:04 pm #

hehehe…nice read. what actually pissed you off so much that you decided to fall to politician levels. πŸ˜› πŸ˜€

• Aakriti November 23, 2009 at 11:59 am #

I think If I would have been in Mumbai, the post would have been better. The itch was the Manoos episodes !

3. Kartik November 23, 2009 at 8:58 am #

hahaha.. good one..

u hav become pretty irregular (wonder whats up with all the bloggers these days!!), but then u dont seem to hav lost anything from ur repertoire..

good going.. n pls be regular!! πŸ™‚

• Aakriti November 23, 2009 at 4:21 pm #

Making all the efforts to be regular.. you can see the desperation in this post πŸ˜€

4. Avinash November 23, 2009 at 11:12 am #

Interesting topic covered very precisely and without inviting much controversy considering what happened @ IBN office in Mumbai. But then being a blogger helps, u dun have a office so I guess u can add even more sattire & hard hitting lines to bring out the CHANGE…

In btw nice to have landed here… πŸ˜€

• Aakriti November 23, 2009 at 11:57 am #

Thanks ! Yeah.. think I can build in more satire… πŸ™‚

5. Nachiketa November 23, 2009 at 11:29 am #

then u’ll beat tweet minister at it….. πŸ™‚

• Aakriti November 23, 2009 at 11:33 am #

I wish I do .. and gain importance int the eyes of tweet ministers πŸ˜›

6. Sukhpreet November 23, 2009 at 2:31 pm #

aakriti behenji kahenge aapko… u mite have to change the name of ur blog as well… hw about ‘behenji ka pravachan’??

• Aakriti November 23, 2009 at 3:22 pm #

Oho… modern zamane ki politician banungi – Aakriti Madam ki speeches ! πŸ˜›

7. Amit Ghosh November 23, 2009 at 9:29 pm #

5 reasons why you cant be a politician:

1. You cleared your class XII exams
    2. You are neither an ageing filmstar nor an underworld don; Nor do you belong to any political dynasty like the Gandhi family, the Scindia family, the Reddy family or the Dalit family
    3. Your frail physique is indicative of poor microphone-throwing capabilities (a pre-requisite for attending parliamentary sessions)
    4. You have never been charged with a punishable crime, let alone convicted of.
    5. You, more often than not, make sense when you talk.

• Aakriti November 24, 2009 at 12:43 am #

Very well thought of.. not much to argue on any of the points.. but thanks for mentioning point no.5 … I will print this and keep it in my bag as proof of my sanity πŸ™‚

8. hitesh November 30, 2009 at 8:25 pm #

being not able to stand up for your words of being regular was enough to explain that you’ll be the upcoming leaders of India πŸ™‚

other reason only supports the main one……well we have a lot of lazy leaders…….think there is still space for one …. πŸ˜›

go go…..\,,,/

9. rahul December 14, 2009 at 12:17 pm #

best of luck for your new endeavor πŸ™‚

• Aakriti December 14, 2009 at 1:24 pm #

Thank you ! Though i am already rethinking my objectives!

10. Naresh Kumar December 17, 2009 at 9:00 pm #

I admire your thought process and am very impressed with your guts to even think to fall “in the gutter of politics” for the sake of getting ideas for writing. While you will sitting in the company of named politicians, people will compare you with a lotus πŸ™‚ ( if you know what I mean). Aakriti, If you just wish to write and write more, I can give you some ideas ( I wish I have better writing skills;) )

You can write about a child who is not able to get primary education ‘cuz either child was born to a poor family in a remote village or in a metro city in a slum area where he has to collect “kachara” for a “kabadi” to sell and get some food.

If you aspire to write a business analysis, you can write who big portals ( job/ matrimonial/ news) are trying to monopolize the market and a need to explore beyond.

I can go on and on , but what matters is your interest to pick up your pen.

Regards,
    Naresh

11. Casimira Beyerlein April 10, 2010 at 1:48 pm #

This is a great post, but I was wondering how do I suscribe to the RSS feed?

12. banking online legal issues April 10, 2010 at 5:40 pm #

Hey, I just hopped over to your site via StumbleUpon. Not somthing I would normally read, but I liked your thoughts none the less. Thanks for making something worth reading.

13. Flirting Tips For Girls July 8, 2010 at 5:48 pm #

The fruit does not fall far from the tree

14. Chetan Kaushal July 18, 2010 at 10:32 am #

You have great thinking Aakriti, Believe in your self, The first thing you should follow is ” Don’t care about the people what they are saying to you”.

Never Back Down from your GoaL.

Best of Luck Aakriti.

15. Melina Henton February 8, 2011 at 5:36 am #

I’m happy I located this blog, I couldnt find any knowledge on this topic prior to. Also operate a niche site and if you wish to ever serious in doing a bit of guest writing for me you should feel free to let me know, im always look for people to check out my weblog. Please stop by and leave a comment sometime!