Wishlist for the upcoming boom times :)

29 Apr

I am a die hard optimist! However, my energies have not surfaced for a while(since the slowdown happened),  but I found a reason yesterday when I read this on Curious Capitalist http://is.gd/uD59. While most economists have been sticking to a timeline of 2010, this piece of news indicates a recovery much earlier – 2009 – July.

The indicators are believable – Mapped to previous downturns, statistics indicate that economic indicators are at their lowest, from where it will pick up soon 🙂 – in simple terms…

I am happy and already planning life after three months. What will be up my sleeve as soon as the slowdown ends?

1. I have been saving so far since the slowdown began, in fear of losing my job? Therefore, some of my aspirations did not see light of day, and therfore the first things I got to do are to buy a car and a house(if the current rate at 8% persisits)  and also try and do some other life altering stuff that I cant mention publicly.. you may try and guess it though.

2. Once the slowdown is over, I will start paying the rickshaw puller 20 bucks instead of 15 for commuting between office and home.

3. I will try and spread good word about ICICI, which touched bankruptcy 4-5 times since slowdown started(thanks to me – the originator of such rumours)

4. Also, I will try and make my blog more popular by sponsoring Kolkata Knight Riders (for every IPL – at least they get to play 6 games). Imagine seeing Thinkingaxe.com instead of Nokia, and me instead of SRK :).

5. Once I have made enough money in the next boom, I will take up politics as a career, and fulfill my aspirations of opening a shoe shop 😉

Well there is lots more…but I shall close this here today, for the fear of boring you guys.(I am yet not ready for a shoe shop)

Thanks – and do add in your wishlist in comments 🙂

19 Responses to “Wishlist for the upcoming boom times :)”

1. Sukhpreet April 29, 2009 at 10:19 am #

hmmm…. the thing…. even i heard that the economy is recovering all but… then there is a twist in the tale… the already weak economies of the world have been hit by SWINE FLU… and it is anticipated that it will affect the already slow economy…. so be careful…. just don’t make any plans now… let the FLU pass by… then u can fly high!!!!

2. Nachiketa April 29, 2009 at 10:28 am #

that’s so generous…. 🙂

3. Aakriti Bhargava April 29, 2009 at 10:44 am #

Thanks Sukhi for the caution and Nachi – for the compliment 🙂 … I am so thrilled 🙂

4. Rachna Khanna April 29, 2009 at 10:48 am #

very optimistic…. good one …good to know your positive approach.. well i do believe things are rolling back and time is coming to make things going as it was a year back…

each one of us have so many wishes to fulfill.. my generous thought is that let the world recover from all setbacks and may everyone get a job this year..

Surely i m in the league too for getting a house for me …so let me kno what r ur inputs after visiting 99acres.com …:)

All the best for the elections this year… which party ru in??? well i think that the first step for being a politician…

• Aakriti Bhargava April 29, 2009 at 1:39 pm #

I will be an Independent candidate – most likely, dont know when though 🙂

5. jharna bhatanagar April 29, 2009 at 10:50 am #

lol, quite a post, as for me wld first of all buy myself a nice car and secondly uumm….. still thinking..!!!

6. Unknown April 29, 2009 at 10:54 am #

I think you should start a new blog – Life after recession….

Secondly u need to do some life altering stuff right now…. As everyone is aware, when recession had not set in, somethings were the same as they are now and will remain same even it is gone….

I hope u understand what I mean

7. Vinny April 29, 2009 at 11:04 am #

2009 July will mean end of recession for lot of us!

8. Kartik April 29, 2009 at 11:34 am #

good one.. good to have u back 🙂

9. Anirban April 29, 2009 at 12:54 pm #

recession or no recession, life doesnt depend on these mere ups & downs

10. Arkid Mitra April 29, 2009 at 1:16 pm #

yeah….Lots more to do actually….wish this recession word vanishes as quickly as possible and the rickshaw puller gets his 5 bucks extra 🙂

11. Sravanthi April 29, 2009 at 5:12 pm #

“Recession or no, safely crossover with Naukri.com”.. lolll…couldnt resist that as the blog reminded me of this 🙂

Firstly, I second kartik in saying “GREAT to finally have u back” axie..

Second.. Why koltkatta aKsie?? Deccan could use u 😛

Lastly.. shoe shop????? IF u go into politics.. woaww.. that will be one mean politician turned shoe maker!

My list:
    – World tour
    – My active atempt for world peace
    – opening of the World food Indian style restaurant

Hee heee 🙂

• Aakriti Bhargava April 29, 2009 at 5:19 pm #

Deccan does not have great brand names like Saurav Ganguly you see…! That is why KKR…

Also KKR goes well with my natural style( Sarcasm), thus they completely fit the bill!

12. Phoenixritu April 30, 2009 at 12:17 pm #

Welcome back to blogosphere

• Aakriti Bhargava April 30, 2009 at 1:11 pm #

Glad to see you back here too.. have been off the blogosphere and am not upto date on following too 🙂 … I am trying to keep it up though…

13. Dear Aakriti,

so does that mean when the downturn terminates…I will have to again do the following?

1. Race to the shopping mall and come back with a big dent in my wallet and a bigger dent in my shoes becuase you will want to cover from Noida to delhi to Chandni Chowk in one single day?

2. Would we have to again start our – eat across the best and fnest – in delhi. Gurgaon, etc?

3. Would our One week One movie come back?

4. Would we have to then re-start One Month One Weekend getaway?

5. And, last but not the least – would you again start insisting of buying that one LAST pair of sandals?

If the answers to 3 or more of above is YES – I DONT WANT DOWNTURN TO GO!!!!

• Aakriti Bhargava April 30, 2009 at 9:24 pm #

You are forgetting the Pros –
      1. Increase in Salary which will counter the debt in your pocket, cheaper shoes(more companies, more competition – cheaper goods) ….
      2. Obviously eat out more(as long as the Swine flu stays away)
      3. Ofcourse – Boom would mean more work for you – so more destressers would be required / else health problems will happen and you would have to spend on healthcare.
      4. Yeah Tourism industry needs us to spend more…
      5. More sandals – definitely (refer point 1)

I have the answer to all your problems 🙂

14. Amit Ghosh May 1, 2009 at 2:57 pm #

Here’s how recession has affected me:

1. I have become less “spirited” – and by that I mean that my consumption of alcohol has hit disgracefully abysmal levels

2. I have become less generous with my donations to the kids on the street to the extent that more often then not, the gestures are reciprocated with sharp “Are you kidding me?!?” glares.

3. I order the medium popcorn as opposed to the jumbo sized one when at the movies

4. I play my guitar rather loudly these days so as to induce shoe-throwing tendencies in my neighbours (I too humor the ambition of opening a footwear store someday)

• Aakriti Bhargava May 2, 2009 at 12:22 pm #

Awesome… never thought of an alternative way of opening a SHOE -SHOP – sadly for me, my talent is limited to singing, which if I try will get me divorce first, instead of a shoe shop 🙂