Who’s that Blogger?

24 Apr

I am usually a busy person and have no time to gossip or listen around. Yesterday was unique!!!

I was caught laughing to myself several times as I imagined Bub-Lee an Babli in a song sequence or imagining the more  discrete mentions in the blog of the Fake IPL Player. HO.HO!

The blog is adding a voyeuristic angle to obsessive cricket.. and CRICKET fans are ‘Just loving it’  …!

I was OK till I heard this through the company grapevine.  But, I was shocked when I found it on TOI front page and then HT front page, mainstream media captured by a Fake Blogger :).  India is now talking about bloggers and blogging, more than IPL. It has moved much of the cricket team on ground, analysts, junta and everyone is wondering on his identity.

silhouette-1

Sure of some things about him. Out of Common Sense.

# Has definitely studied ENGLISH, a God of smart descriptions, can give Arundhati Roy a run for her money.

#Is in the thick of things.

#Likes Ganguly – since only Kolkatans can love the ‘gud'(4 nothing) ol guy, he is therefore from Kolkata

#Is a revolutionary – he is the first blogger to make it to front page of Indian publications. I am almost sure that the next “India Today” will carry him, if not on the front cover.

His impact is so widespread and effective, that he has brought me back to blogging…!

11 Responses to “Who’s that Blogger?”

1. Anirban April 25, 2009 at 10:41 am #

Do you know about Ganguly’s career statistics? as you say that he is ‘gud’ (4 nothing)… Let me remind you he was India’s most successful Test captain to date, winning 21 tests out of 49 tests he captained and leading India into the 2003 World Cup finals. He has over 11,000 ODI runs to his credit. Ganguly is the fourth player to cross 11,000 ODI runs and third player to cross 10,000 ODI runs and so far the fastest in ODI history, after Sachin Tendulkar. He is also one of the 3 players in the world to achieve amazing treble of 10,000 runs, 100 wickets and 100 catches in ODI cricket history.

His other milestones are
    * Hold the record of most 200+ ODI partnerships (6 times) along with Sachin Tendulkar and Ricky Ponting.
    * Holds the record, shared with Sachin Tendulkar, for most 1st wicket ODI partnerships of 175+ runs (7 times).
    * Holds the record, shared with Mahendra Singh Dhoni, for the second highest score by an Indian cricketer in an ODI — 183, against Sri Lanka in 1999.
    * Held the record, shared with Sachin Tendulkar, for the highest first wicket partnership for India in an ODI match, 258, against Kenya in 2001. This record was bettered by Sri Lankan opening pair of Jayasuriya and Tharanga in 2006 at Headingley.
    * Was involved in the first 300 run ODI partnership with Rahul Dravid.
    * Sixth on the all time list with 31 man of the match awards.
    * He is also the only player to win 4 consecutive man of the match awards in ODIs.
    * India’s most successful ODI captain.
    * First Indian to score an ODI century against Australia in Australia.
    * Highest ODI runs scorer in the world (in a calendar year) in 1997,1999,2000.
    * Third in the list of hitting maximum number of sixes in ODIs.
    * Second in the list of highest number of centuries in a single calendar year ever. 7 centuries in 2000.

I don’t understand why people stop loving their cricketer as he has spent his life in entertaining you all. When Ganguly A.K.A. Dada used to hit sixes we all used to swear by his name. Every cricketer loses his form and every cricketer retires. Its time for Ganguly to retire from International cricket. That’s it but DON’T SAY that he is Gud (4 nothing) !

On the other note this Fake IPL player is awesome. I dont care if he is for real or not, but believe me he is giving up some laugh to the depressed souls crying in the depths of recession. And this stunt will surely increase awareness about blog and blogging throughout India.
    Cheers !!!

2. Geetika April 25, 2009 at 12:00 pm #

Fake IPL blogger caught my fancy too. He is awesome. But why do I feel it is SRK’s marketing mind working overtime? or may be it’s not but he has definitely got many ppl hooked to his blog. Imagine Appam C****** and he made it to headlines too. this is entertainment unencumbered, undiluted. and thanks aakriti for showing up after so long. we missed you. who is this anirban? Is he a Bong too? looks like he got personally hurt by your ‘gud’ (4 nothing) quip. Never mind girl! You have your paramours so be ready for some criticism too.

• Aakriti Bhargava April 25, 2009 at 12:42 pm #

Yeah Geetika, Bang ON! Anirban is a die hard ‘ol’ cricket FAN.. from Calcutta… Need i say more ?

• Anirban April 25, 2009 at 12:44 pm #

You gals know nothing of cricket… only can fantasize about cute cricketers.. so better not discuss cricket as a game not as a hyped entertainment.

3. Sukhpreet April 25, 2009 at 12:02 pm #

this blogger has definitely given a new meanin to cricket and has made it all the more entertainin..and has also taken bloggin to a new level… three cheers to him and three cheers to aakriti for comin back with her ‘pun’ bloggin…

• Aakriti Bhargava April 25, 2009 at 12:55 pm #

thanks Sukhpreet.. i too hope the posts continue 🙂

4. Geetika April 25, 2009 at 12:52 pm #

Dear Anirban, At least we are driven by looks which cut across communities and regions so we would not defend or appreciate anybody based on regional loyalties. And I have not had the good fortune of getting a glance of your good looks but the fact that you cast aspersions at the cute looks of cricketers tells me that you may not be as cute yourself. I may be wrong and am willing to stand corrected. Why don’t you post a pic of yours?
    Girls do understand cricket but who on this earth with a good cricketing sense can say that our dear Dada is fit for T-20 format. He is not and we should just accept it. Rest the Gangulys and the Dravids of the world when it comes to T-20.

5. Anirban April 25, 2009 at 1:12 pm #

Dearest Geetika !

Its not regional loyalities….
    I am looking at the past statistics. In the last match of KKR he was the only player who did 46 out of 30 balls. Give him a place to breathe. I know that Ganguly is not made for T-20 but still he can hook those classic sixes.

And I was right that you measure people’s capabilities by their face that why want to have a look of my face. Sorry mam. not interested.

Grow up and learn to take critisism….

6. megha April 26, 2009 at 10:59 am #

woooo… what a discusson on the ”pros and cons of dada”….just thought will pitch in a line – so here I am a girl who understands cricket and loves DADA 🙂 …. i think i have managed to get the most non controversial comment possible on this blog :)….GUD ONE AKS!!!!

• Aakriti Bhargava April 26, 2009 at 1:42 pm #

Thanks Meg… look forward to more of such unbiased comments

7. Rajat May 26, 2009 at 10:52 pm #

Sure of some things about this historic event of you being blogging again. Out of Common Sense.

You enticed people into a heated discussion.
    Anirban wrote close to 1000 words, protesting about just three of yours. This seems you are back with a BANG!! [satire]
    And I am back in my form! See, I’m commenting! 😛