Independence to me is…

14 Aug
Freedom

Freedom

I have arrived . Today was a day of reckoning in my life. I screened 15 entries to the writing competition in my office:). The subject was a tough one… How independent is India/ Independence for me is. Wonderful entries came in. One of the heart wrenching ones is here.

Your chance of fame is here too… complete the sentence below in less than 50 words

Independence for me is ………….!

The next post is dedicated to freedom…. of speech πŸ™‚

6 Responses to “Independence to me is…”

1. Anshul Sushil August 14, 2008 at 12:53 am #

Independence for me is…

Ability to dream without any boundaries…when my thoughts are not hamshackled by any constraints…when my existence is not restricted to cartesian co-ordinates…and when I am able to live each day, each moment on my own conditions. And at the end of it – I am able to look at myself in the mirror and I am able to say – I am proud of you.

This is my independence.

2. Aakriti Bhargava August 14, 2008 at 11:11 am #

@Anshul I am waiting for the day when there will be no cartesian coordinates to govern our lives!

3. rajatarora August 14, 2008 at 12:16 pm #

For me, Independence is having aloo puri while sitting in the balcony, enjoying rains. Independence is roaming around aimlessly in the streets of Delhi, observing simple habits of simple people. Independence is, finding moments of fun when none exist. Making people smile is independence, planting a tree is independence, speaking out loud is independence.
    The ability to enjoy simplicity is independence.
    Independence is when you wake up in the morning and feel good about the day ahead, when you go to bed satisfied about what you did today.
    Independence is writing a short story.
    Independence is making your thoughts count.
    Independence is… Freedom!

Okay… These are a lot more than fifty words… But I had to say it πŸ™‚

4. phoenixritu August 14, 2008 at 12:50 pm #

You have been awarded. Please visit my blog and collect your award

5. Aakriti Bhargava August 14, 2008 at 1:00 pm #

@Rajat Well defined… ! but dont agree that independence is freedom πŸ™‚

6. Kartik August 15, 2008 at 2:17 pm #

hey.. sorry for being late.. have been held up in a lot of things, read studies..

for me independence is to shed all inhibitions

independence for me is to
    – go on a bike ride without knowing where to go
    – sing at the top of my voice
    – not having to go to office everyday
    – do stuff that counts (at the end of the day types)
    – help others be happy
    – let people know how special they are and how much they mean to me.
    – not having to think about independence πŸ˜›
    – watch a movie everyday
    – wake up every morning and thank god n my parents for whatever i have in life
    – do at least one good deed every single day
    – go on and on abt independence πŸ™‚